Monday, June 15, 2009

Wish us luck

We took Anna to the doctor Friday. It was a semi-routine checkup (she hasn't had a check up in months) and to talk about the fact that she's sooo pigeon toed and it's getting worse. Poor kid trips over her own 2 feet literally. Well, this was a new doc since we moved recently so this was his first time meeting Anna (and Azzy). He was sooooo sweet. I really liked him a ton.

So he's doing the checkup and says some very scary words.... "Did she put something in her ear?" Oh God. It's possible...I'm not sure..she's a crazy lil woman so anything is possible. "Not that I'm aware of...but she's 3 so I guess it's possible. She hasn't complained of any ear pain though." "There's definitely a foreign body in her ear. I'm scheduling an emergency ENT appointment." Yay.

Well, to finish the appointment he starts checking her feet. He has her walk up and down the hallway (without her pants on so he can really see...it was funny LOL). He has her run, walk, jump. So we get back in the room and he grabs her feet (she was sitting in my lap) and puts her feet next to each other. He says "Do you see how her feet don't naturally turn in? It's only when she's standing and such?"....Ok I guess I see that. I figure he's about to tell me it's a phase and she'll grow out of it. Then he starts tracing her legbone. "It's not her feet or her ankles, this is a tibia problem. You need to see a Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon." Fucking AWESOME. Yay. Let's just make my fucking day.

So we go to the emergency ENT appointment (yes, it was the same day just an hour after I left the MD office). In true Anna form she would NOT let him get it out of her ear. We tried everything we could but she was being bull-headed as usual. So, he starts telling me she needs to be sedated. Which they don't keep in the office. Which means they have to set it up at the Surgical Center...which means it's surgery according to my insurance and it'll cost me $2000 (my insane high deductible). Woah, wait a minute Mr. ENT is there another in between option? I don't have $2000 rofl. So, we came up with this plan. He gave me a script of Tylenol with Codeine and a script of Vistaril (which is an anti-anxiety med I guess). Anna gets a dose 30 minutes before her next doctor appointment. Hopefully she passes out enough that we can papoose her and hold her still enough to extract whatever the fuck it is. We have no idea still. All we know is that it's small and red.

So I need your thoughts and prayers times two. Pray that tomorrow they extract this whatever from her ear and it does NOT require "surgery" and please pray that Anna's legs do not require surgery. I can live with braces (I'd really rather that her doc is wrong all together and she's fine! but I'll take braces over surgery!). Thanks everyone, love yall.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Valerie. She is going to be JUST fine. I will talk to you later today after her extraction and after my monsters oral surgery. SIGH we SOOOO have twinkie lives LOL.
    xoxox- Amanda/Rave

    ReplyDelete