Sunday, June 21, 2009
Church stuff
For the first time in quite possibly my life I went to a church that really seems to speak to me. The people are nicer than I've ever encountered and open and welcoming. I went for the first time last Sunday and everyone was nice and spoke to me and included me. This week I returned and the pastor came up to me personally, remembered my name (and my girls), and asked me to sit with his wife and children. Then he gave a wonderful heartfelt sermon about how great and important Fathers are. His wife said that they often swim at this pool here on the campgrounds (its the nearest "public" pool) and I asked her to call me next time they come this way and I'll join them. The Sunday school group I'm in is WONDERFUL. It's really opened my eyes and my heart back up to church. I'm glad I went. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you. Faith can be one of the hardest struggles that we can face as a person and to come to terms with it and find the peace of the truth for you is like breathing for the first time after someone tries to strangle you. Good for you, and I hope it continues to be the wonderful experience it has been!
ReplyDelete*I deleted it cause I used the wrong word, I put the wrong letter. So it's the same except now fine is now find like it should be incase you were wondering.