So, at 6am John wakes me up with a kiss goodbye every day. I don't mind. It's a reminder that at least we're both in the same house these days. This particular morning that kiss was followed by something I hate hearing though: "Oh, by the way..." These words are evil. They NEVER lead to anything good.
"Oh, by the way...the cats knocked over Azzy's milk (from the night before that she didnt drink apparently after begging for something to drink before bed for 15 minutes) into the clean clothes basket."
Now, first off I didn't leave the clean clothes basket in the kitchen under the counter where the kiddos milk is. In this small camper if I did that they wouldn't be able to reach their drinks! So my first thoughts, in my sleepy stupor, was that the animals have conspired against me.
Why do I think this and what exact conspiracy you ask? I'll explain.
In order for the basket of clothes to get UNDER the milk glasses Duke (our boxer), Da Vinci (cat), and Freya (cat) must have gotten together and by order of the CCC zoo animals decided to MOVE said basket under said counter for the specific purpose of spilling the milk IN the clean clothes. Then they waited. And waited. The girls must be asleep. The adults must be asleep. Nellie (John's rat terrier) must be in bed with the adults (as she is every night). Then the evil plot was put into motion. They've probably been planning this for months (usually I DO put the clothes up...so they had to have been planning it for a while if they wanted to knock it IN the laundry basket). At some point between 10 PM last night and 5:20AM this morning (when John got up) Duke moved this laundry basket UNDER the milk glasses. Da Vinci or Freya (or both) then jumped on my countertop and spilled Azlynn's milk into the basket. The plan was complete.
So, John wakes me up with my morning kiss and follows it with "Oh, by the way" and I lay in bed for the next hour thinking how exactly this could have happened. The previous is the only logical conclusion. My animals are now part of a house-wide conspiracy to drive me insane. They're succeeding and now I have a ton of clothes to wash. /sigh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

By the sound of those sneaky animals you might want to sleep with one eye open, who knows what will happen next! This was really funny, thanks for the laugh!
ReplyDelete