Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sorry it's been so long since I posted! I've had a lot going on. Today we started our new Calvert curriculum for the girls. Anna started Pre-k and Azzy started Kindy but with the 1st grade math. They've both doing phenomenally. It's very well laid out and such...and Anna loves the manipulatives. She is doing ok with everything else...we're just taking a lot of breaks. Someone told me (actually told someone on a forum of mine and I stole the idea lol) that when she gets hyper to just let her be hyper. That trying to force her to sit still only makes it worse because she can't concentrate on what we're working on....she just ends up concentrating on sitting still. So we're trying that. When she starts bouncing, I just let her bounce. Azzy is doing exceptionally well. She's further ahead in the kindy stuff than I realized. I probably should have bought the entire 1st grade curriculum. But she's so behind on the reading portion that I'm glad I didn't.

In short, everyone's doing ok -- Anna's MRI is August 18th...so it's coming up quickly. I'll try to post more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment